On Monday February 13, Transition Wayland will meet at Peace Lutheran Church (107 Concord Rd). Check back here for a developing agenda.
- Collect donations for room (Fran)
- New Library Raytheon Room policy – and what is “political” now?
- Update on Bag and Container Bans (Paul)
- Screening Bag It
- Update on Energize (Kaat and Janot)
- TW take on the climate change education part? Cf. the next points:
- April 22: Scientists’ March on DC – something in Boston? Carpool?
- Also, putting Science and Earth Day together, local events:
- – Climate Change Games, etc. focusing on problems AND solutions – tie in with Energize
– workshops for people who want to get together to make creative signs – ask Arts Wayland to collab? Ask science teachers to hold class or study hall workshops?
– public display of signs (before-during-after Boston march) in the schools and/or town building
– car-pooling or caravanning for people/families that want to join Boston march
– mini-march around town ‘green’ (triangle at intersection of Rte 20 & 126/27)
– stick signs in the ground around the perimeter (like a public art display – might need some sort of permit?) so people can come with their own signs or come join the mini-march and grab a sign of their choice
contact high school science teachers and other scientists in town
articles in Town Crier by science teachers and/or scientists in town about major scientific contributions that improved health and welfare
one article on the background and purpose of the Science March on April 22
- another article, if not already included, on the importance of science in solving future challenges including climate change
- a local activity (science fair?) at the high school on April 22
- April 29: carpool-bus to Climate Change March in DC, Boston, NYC? with WCA, etc.