Doing the Inner Work of Transition
Part 1: The Work That Reconnects
Sat. November 8, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Longfellow Club, Wayland, MA
“Hopefulness and hopelessness are just feelings. They come and go. The main thing is our intention. The life living through you wants to go on.” Joanna Macy
Inspired by the theme of earth grief, Transition Wayland plans to form a group that will meet regularly to explore our inner responses to the Transition we aspire to for the sake of humanity and our earth. Our kickoff event, a daylong workshop of The Work That Reconnects on November 8, is open to everyone.
The Work That Reconnects, developed by Joanna Macy and others, is a pioneering form of group work drawing on deep ecology, systems theory and engaged Buddhism. The purpose is to ground ourselves in gratitude, to explore our pain for the world, to let it open us up to new insights and ways of seeing, and to go forth in our work for the healing of our world. If we experience our innate connections with one another and with the systemic, self-healing powers in the web of life, we are (even more) motivated to play our part in creating a life-sustaining civilization. This work has been particularly refreshing and renewing for activists and is greatly loved by the thousands of people around the world. More at workthatreconnects.org.
The workshop is facilitated by Aravinda Ananda and Joseph Rotella. They have been doing this together for 5 years and feel honored to share this work that they deeply love with others.
- Registration is required and limited to the first 20 registrants. The workshop runs from 10 am to 5 pm and we ask that you participate for that entire time.
- Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Kaat at 617-739-5870.
- This workshop is offered on a gift economy basis, whereby participants choose how much they would like to pay towards the costs of the event.
- There will be snacks and water, and a communal potluck lunch.
- The Longfellow Club is at 524 Boston Post Rd, Wayland, MA 01778.
Pingback: ?/?: Inner Work Group Meeting | Transition Wayland
Pingback: 3/12: Inner Work Gathering | Transition Wayland